Fresh from my devotions this morning, the Lord gave me a self-assessment for those that have lost their JOY in ministry with some signs that may indicate you need to take time to rest and reflect on why your doing what you do.
1. Red Tape- You value policy more than you value people.
2. Roadblocks- You have more reasons why you can’t than why you can.
3. Irritated- You tolerate the people on your team, rather than celebrate them.
4. Unhappy- You have more complaints about the ministry than you do compliments.
5. Payday- You are more concerned about your paycheck than your purpose.
6. Withdrawn- You are avoiding more people than your approaching.
7. Lone Ranger- You are doing projects alone instead of doing projects with people.
8. Numbers- You are more consumed with church growth than church health.
9. Angry- You are reacting extremely instead of responding reasonably.
10. Blame Game- You easily find fault in others but can find no fault of your own.
How did you do? I hope this helps you realign yourself with God’s plan and purpose for your life. He really does want you to enjoy it.